Library BIN is an online bookstore, powered by OverDrive, where you can purchase eBooks to download and read on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. As an added bonus, if you came to Library BIN from your library's website, a portion of the proceeds from your purchase will go back to your library.
Follow these steps to get started with Library BIN:
1. Install free software
First, install the free software needed to read eBooks on your device.
- Tablet/Smartphone: To download and read EPUB eBooks on your tablet or smartphone, install OverDrive Media Console on your device. You can also read Open PDF eBooks on tablets and smartphones by installing the PDF reader software of your choice.
- Computer: To read EPUB or PDF eBooks on Windows and Mac computers, and to transfer eBooks from your computer to supported eBook readers, install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
2. Authorize with an Adobe ID
Next, authorize your software with a free Adobe ID. An Adobe ID is a user account that gives you access to digitally protected eBooks, and lets you read those eBooks on multiple devices. To read the same eBooks on multiple devices, each device (up to 6 total) needs to be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
3. Purchase eBook(s)
- Click the Add to cart button to add an eBook to your shopping cart. When you're ready to check out, select the Shopping cart link in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Checkout.
- If you're not already logged into a Library BIN account, you'll be prompted to log in, or Register for an account (for new users). Creating an account lets you check out faster, keep track of all your orders, and access your purchased eBooks all in one place.
- Once you're registered and logged into your Library BIN account, follow the prompts to enter your payment information and complete your purchase.
4. Download eBook(s)
Your purchased eBooks are located under My Bookshelf. Click Download next to the eBook you'd like to download. Then, please see our specific download instructions for Open EPUB, EPUB, Open PDF, and PDF eBooks. If you want to transfer your eBook from your computer to a supported eBook reader, please see our transfer instructions.